High spam rates can lead to lower open rates, lower conversions, and even getting your email banned—meaning less money for your business.
That’s why we created this 15-point checklist to improve your email deliverability, get your emails in the inbox, and make more sales. Let’s dive in!
Note: This checklist assumes you’re using an email service provider (ESP) like Sumo, MailChimp, ConvertKit, etc. If you’re sending from a personal email, these steps will still help, but you might be dealing with a separate issue.
15 Reasons Why Your Emails Might Be Going To Spam
- You Didn’t Get Permission To Email Them
- Your Open Rates Suck
- You Haven’t Sent Anything In A While
- You’re Using Spam Trigger Keywords
- You Used A Big Image With Little or No Text
- Your Subject Line Is Misleading
- You’re Sending to Old, Inactive or Bogus Email Addresses
- You Included Attachments
- Your “From” Information Is Wrong
- You Didn’t Include An “Unsubscribe” Link (or It’s Broken)
- You Made Spelling Or Grammar Errors
- You Didn’t Include A Physical Address
- You Didn’t Use Smart Copywriting
- Your Subscribers Didn’t Engage With Your Emails
- You Didn’t Test Your Emails For Spam Before Sending
Excerpt of Article on Sumo.com https://sumo.com/stories/why-are-my-emails-going-to-spam
Read More to learn how to avoid the spam folder