My 7 Viewpoints On Terrorism, The Middle East, and Africa
After watching Frontline on last night and seeing the various situations we face in the world, there are several thoughts that come directly to my mind…
1. No matter how many bombs, guns, or military personnel we ship to the gulf, it will not make us safer or stop Islamic terrorism.
2. If we fail to develop alternative energy sources, other than fossil fuels, we will be forever tied to the conflicts of the Middle East until they completely consume us.
3. In the Islamic world, not only do they hate the United States and western culture but they also hate each other.
4. Our support of dictators and despots in their world has caused many of the power vacuums and planted the seeds of hatred in the minds of their people by corrupting our credibility. We can see these issues in retrospect going back to the Shah and beyond.
5. Because of many of the power vacuums that exist in Africa, the African continent has become the next breeding ground for the type of disorganization and violence we find in the gulf area.
6. In my mind the nuclear agreement with Iran makes the best of a bad situation. At best we can prolong that nationstate from developing nuclear weapons only for a time. Short of dropping a nuclear device on them (unthinkable ramifications), we cannot stop them militarily nor will sanctions force their capitulation to our will.
7. We as a nation have no idea of the currency that the islamists value. As a result, we have tried,and continue to try, and influence them with the currency we value, which is money and resources. That by definition is a strategy for failure and will never lead to long-term stability for them or us.
What do you think???
Number 2 is incorrect on the basis North America has enough oil and energy that can be tapped for itself and be self sufficient for much longer than you and I will be alive. We have fallen for the lie we need electric or wind or some other type of energy based on the middle east.
We have to shed this concept that the earth is more important than our own survival and start letting oil and other energy items be mined, California is the perfect example of letting the environmentalism have more say than people and now Californians faces no water reserves because sea monkeys lives are more important.
The rest of your reasons are spot on for what I see nice list.
I think I read where our confirmed reserves would be good for about 100 years at current consumption levels.
Thanks for the feedback